Tuesday, November 6, 2007

American Gangsta


Denzel does it again....sort of. Has anyone else noticed Denzel slipping into a funk. Like he characters are portrayed fantastically, but similar. I won't pigeon hole him into the same catagory as Costner *blah*...sorry I just puked a little, but seriously!
The movie was pretty good, only made worse by Russell Crowe.... oh god I just puked again... Russel continues to fight around the world, only this time in Brooklyn. I don't know what it is about this guy that makes me so sick....any ideas?
The story is a "based on a true story"+ New York+ BS formula that lasted nearly three hours. It was good, but not up to par with A Bronx Tale or Carlito's Way .
Anyway, I will probably own this one when it comes out, but I definitely slept through scenes too. Hey, it was late on a Sunday night, beat it.....

Plot- 3
Directing- 4
Acting- 4
Cinematography- 2
Gore-1 for a dude getting shoot in the dome

No comments: