Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Crank

!Contains Spoilers!
So this movie is the reason for this blog, because I had to publish my opinion of how rubbish this was to watch. First off, there is no plot. I know what you may be thinking, you one of a million people who loved this shit, but trying to kill a guy for poisoning you isn't a plot, it is a thematic device, which is part of a plot. That wasn't the worst part of the movie however, theres more. Much More. The movie stars Jason Statham, who I absolutely was a fan of, until seeing this movie.

So this movie creates a world with completely make-beleive physics, features a made up society, and pretty much lives in its own craziness. Two scenes are the most disturbing to me for different reason which I will explain:

The "love" scene: Okay, first off, the idea that women want to be raped, ie that no means yes, has permanently harmed the psyche of human existence on this planet. This scene involves the main character forcing himself on his girlfriend in the middle of Chinatown, surrounded by gawking on lookers. At no point does anyone try and stop this (which I beleive someone would) for either the rape aspect, or the public indecency aspect. Of course she gets into it and by the end she's getting railed from behind, gripping a newspaper stand with everyone cheering for the guy. I seriously thought he'd wake up from some drug trip to find out none of it happened. Which would have made more sense, but alas...

The Final Scene: All I have to say is that one moment the helicopter is avoiding downtown L.A. skyscrapers, and within seconds the main character is falling out of said helicopter at roughing 35,000 feet. Which gives him long enough time to a) strangle bad guy, b) quite reflection, c) phone his girlfriend to apologize for dieing, d) more reflection and finally d) bouncing off car downtown just to live some more...

Suffice it to say I wish I wouldn't have seen it, but if you liked Transformers, I highly recommend it. Next week: I rip on Transformers....j/p


Plot- ?
Directing- 1
Acting- 2
Cinematography- 2

No comments: